Honey Filler Treatment is gaining momentum in Australia’s skincare and beauty industry. This innovative treatment, which has been eagerly awaited in Australia, is now available. But what is honey filler treatment? In this blog, we’ll discuss the details, benefits and how does the treatment work.
What Are Honey Fillers?
Honey fillers are a unique treatment that stands out from traditional dermal fillers. Produced by the Swiss company IBSA and distributed in Australia by Dermocosmetica, this treatment is designed to significantly improve skin hydration, elasticity, and collagen production. Unlike other dermal fillers that stay localised, honey fillers spread under the skin, much like spilled honey on a tabletop. This property allows for a more even distribution and natural-looking results.
It’s Not a Skin Booster
The Honey Filler is formulated with non-cross-linked HA, setting it apart from typical skin boosters and other products in the aesthetic industry. Instead of filling or restoring volume, its primary function is different. Honey Filler, is designed to target keratinocytes and fibroblasts, enhancing collagen and elastin production by up to 12 times more than using single weight HA alone. Additionally, it stimulates adipocyte stem cells in the fat layer, promoting the renewal of fat tissue. Research indicates that it not only hydrates the skin but also aids in wound healing.
Suitable Candidates for the Honey Filler Treatment
But who exactly stands to benefit the most from this innovative procedure?
- Ageing Skin: Individuals experiencing signs of ageing, such as fine lines, wrinkles, and reduced skin elasticity, can benefit from honey fillers. The treatment stimulates collagen and elastin production.
- Sun-Damaged Skin: Prolonged sun exposure can lead to sunspots, uneven skin tone, and a leathery texture. Honey fillers can rejuvenate sun-damaged skin, improving its texture and appearance.
- Dehydrated Skin: Those with dry or dehydrated skin can benefit immensely from the hydrating properties of honey fillers. The treatment provides immediate hydration, giving the skin a plump and radiant look.
Who Might Not Be Suitable?
- Pregnant women: While honey fillers have a high safety profile, they are not recommended for pregnant women as a precautionary measure.
- Active Skin Infections: Those with active skin infections, open wounds, or inflammations in the treatment area should postpone the procedure until their skin condition improves.
- Allergic Reactions: Individuals known to have allergic reactions to any of the components of the honey filler should avoid the treatment.
Honey Filler TreatmentBenefits
These treatments offer a multitude of advantages that cater to various skin concerns. Here are some of the benefits:
- Reduction in Visible Wrinkles and Fine Lines: One of the most sought-after outcomes of any aesthetic treatment is the diminishment of wrinkles and fine lines. Honey filler injections effectively smooth out these age indicators, giving the skin an improved appearance.
- Tighter, Firmer Skin: As we age, our skin tends to lose its firmness, leading to sagging. Honey fillers address this concern by providing a tightening effect, resulting in a firmer and more contoured skin texture.
- Boost in Collagen Production: Collagen is a crucial protein responsible for maintaining skin structure. With age, its production decreases, leading to various skin issues. Honey fillers stimulate the skin to produce more collagen, ensuring the skin remains supple and vibrant.
- Enhanced Skin Elasticity: Elasticity determines how well the skin can return to its original shape after being stretched or compressed. Honey fillers enhance this property, ensuring the skin remains resilient and less prone to sagging.
- Hydrated, Plumper Skin: Hydration is the key to radiant skin. Honey fillers have the unique ability to hydrate the skin from within, resulting in a plumper, more refreshed appearance.
Your personal consultation
Before your procedure, get personalised guidance from highly skilled Specialist Plastic Surgeon, Dr Bish Soliman. With years of experience, he will tailor your treatment for your body, health, and ideal outcomes. Book your personal consultation to receive:
- In-depth information about your desired procedure
- Personalised advice from Dr Soliman
- A customised treatment plan tailored to your needs
Honey Filler TreatmentThe procedure
Here’s a step-by-step breakdown of the treatment process:
- Consultation: Before the procedure, patients typically have a consultation with Dr Bish Soliman. This session helps determine the suitability of the treatment for the individual’s skin needs and addresses any questions or concerns.
- Preparation: The treatment area is cleaned thoroughly to prevent any infections. Some clinics might apply a numbing cream to the area to ensure the patient’s comfort during the procedure.
- Injection Process: Using a fine needle, Dr Bish Soliman administers the honey filler into the skin. Unlike traditional fillers that are injected into specific areas for targeted volume, honey fillers are designed to spread under the skin. Typically, only about 10 injection points are needed, ensuring the product distributes evenly across the treatment area.
- Post-Injection: After the injections, patients might notice small “blobs” or “bumps” at the injection sites. These are temporary and are a result of the product’s spreadability. Over time, these blobs will disperse, allowing the product to work its magic within the skin tissues.
- Immediate Aftercare: It’s essential to avoid massaging the treated area immediately after the procedure. Massaging might introduce additional inflammation, which is not ideal. The small mounds of product will gradually make their way to other areas of the tissue on their own.
- Downtime: One of the advantages of honey filler treatment is the minimal downtime. Most patients can return to their daily activities almost immediately. However, there might be some swelling and pinkness at the injection sites, which usually subsides within 48-72 hours.
- Post-Treatment Care: For the first couple of days post-treatment, patients are advised to avoid strenuous physical activities, sports, and exercises. Additionally, for the first two weeks, it’s recommended to steer clear of saunas, steam baths, UV radiation, dental procedures, and other facial treatments. This ensures the best possible results and prevents any complications.
- Results: The effects of honey filler treatment are gradual. While immediate hydration is often noticeable, the full benefits, including increased collagen and elastin production, become evident over weeks to months.
In essence, a honey filler treatment is a relatively quick and straightforward procedure that promises long-lasting skin rejuvenation.
Learn More About Dr Bish Soliman
Dr Bish Soliman is a Sydney based Specialist Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeon specialising in complex microsurgical reconstruction including breast reconstruction, aesthetic surgery of the face, breast, and body as well as skin cancer surgery.